Benefits of Implant Dentistry
- They look completely natural, so people won’t be able to tell they’re not real teeth.
- They function like your other natural teeth, so you can speak and eat normally.
- They are a long-lasting option and can even a lifetime with the right care.
- They don’t require any adhesives or clasps to stay in place like dentures.
- They stop your surrounding teeth from moving into open spaces and altering your tooth alignment.
- They prevent bone loss from occurring, which is a natural side effect of losing teeth.
- They offer support to your cheeks and lips, which keeps your face from sagging and appearing older.
Dental Implant Procedure
The dental implant procedure is broken up into two main parts: placement and restoration. Many dental offices only provide the second step, while we can do both. With placement, we place a biocompatible post that will act as your artificial tooth root. The restoration portion of the procedure is where we attach either a natural-looking dental crown or a bridge depending on how many teeth are missing.
Stabilized dentures are another way dental implants can help patients with missing teeth. If you’re tired of your dentures always slipping or feeling uncomfortable because they don’t fit quite right, we can secure them with mini dental implants.